27635 Introduction to Systems Biology for It and Health
Primary for students at the study line "It
and Health" at Copenhagen University. Other students are
referred to 27040.
|Introduktion til systembiologi for It og
Point( ECTS )
Taught under open university
|F1A (Mon 8-12) and F2A (Mon 13-17) and F5A (Wed 8-12)
F5B (Wed 13-17) and F4B (Fri 8-12) and F3B (Fri 13-17)
Teaching from week 6 to 8 with teaching 3 full days a week.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Scope and form:
|Lectures, readings and exercises|
Duration of Course:
|Special day, February ??, 2015 (In 2014: February
Type of assessment:
Not applicable together with:
General course objectives:
To understand how bioinformatics approaches can be utilized and
combined to obtain information about biology and biological
A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:
- Describe the different approaches to systems biology.
- Understand some basic experimental techniques used e.g.
Proteomics, Gene expression and transcriptional network analysis,
Microarray, ChiP-Seq and Next generation sequence analysis.
- Describe proteomics and mass-spectrometry data analysis.
- Describe how gene expression data in used cancer diagnostics
- Describe the use of systems biology in modern drug
- Use text mining to extract information from electronic
- Describe selected deregulation paths in life-style related
- Calculate biological network properties using graph
Theory and practice for quantitative and qualitative modeling of
different biological processes. Introduction to systems biology,
methods and techniques, high throughput techniques including gene
expression and protein- protein interaction screens. Interactions
and networks, graph theory, biological network analysis.
Scientific articles will be provided in advance of the
The teaching language will be English, but some lesson may be in
Green challenge participation:
Please contact the teacher for information on whether this course
gives the student the opportunity to prepare a project that may
participate in DTU´s Study Conference on sustainability, climate
technology, and the environment (GRØN DYST). More infor
|27 Department of
Registration Sign up:
Last updated: 23. december, 2014